What’s quick, easy and is sure to please the whole family? Fajitas! When you want a flavorful meal that won’t heat up the whole house, but provides a nutritionally packed meal, consider fajitas.
This recipe, courtesy of Hall’s Market, offers a blast of summer, with fresh red and green bell peppers, onion, and sautéed flank steak seasoned with Hall’s own Fajita Seasoning for special flavor. Switch it up with chicken, pork, or your choice of vegetable sauté and garnishes. Go traditional, or customize your own fajita.
Hall’s Market is located at 331 Park Road, West Hartford, and provides everyday cooked meals, deli products, cut to order meats and more. This week’s recipe was provided by David Booth of Hall’s Market. For more information visit www.Hallsmarket.net or call 860-232-1075.
1. Mix steak with fajita seasoning and 1T canola oil. Mix well and set to the side
2. Slice peppers and onions into thin strips and combine with salt and pepper.
3. Heat remaining oil in frying pan on medium.
4. Sauté steak for 2-3 minutes turning frequently until evenly browned. Remove steak from pan and set aside.
5. Sauté peppers and onions in the same pan until slightly softened. Return steak to pan and cook an additional 1-2 minutes stirring frequently.
6. Optional: Toast Flour tortillas in clean dry pan on medium heat 1-2 minutes
7. Spoon steak, pepper and onion mixture into tortillas and garnish with fresh cilantro and lime slices.