WEST HARTFORD — Impact+Influence, the Frank Stavis Leadership Program for rising leaders under age 40, starts March 3, according to a release from the program.
Impact+Influence: The Frank Stavis Leadership Program is designed for rising leaders under age 40 who want to leave a lasting impact on the Jewish community. It is a joint program of the Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford’s Jewish Leadership Academy and the Mandell JCC. Over the course of five sessions, you’ll explore a variety of issues that the Jewish and global communities face today. You’ll also share an overnight immersive leadership experience in Manhattan.
There will be five exploratory sessions:
1. Who Are We? March 3. In this introductory session you’ll get to know one another and share successes and challenges you have experienced on your Jewish journey.
2. Israel: It’s Complicated March 30. We’ve been told so many different sides to Israel’s story. How do we weed through it all to make informed decisions? Find out in Session 2.
3. Where Do I Fit In? April 27. How do you define community? What are the common values that create our Jewish community? Session 3 will explore these questions and more.
4. Making a Meaningful Impact May 26. How can you make a difference through volunteering, philanthropy, and more? Session 4 will explore lots of options.
5. Be an Influencer June 8. What options and opportunities are available to you in Greater Hartford’s Jewish community, and how can you connect them with your personal and professional interests? Session 5 ties it all together.
There will also be an overnight NYC leadership experience to be announced at a later date, where attendees will travel as a group to New York City to explore Jewish leadership from several perspectives. You’ll visit national Jewish agencies, culturally relevant locations and museums, and — of course — enjoy the best kosher cuisine in the city.
To learn more, email the Jewish Leadership Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org.